Mechanical Designer/Design Engineer/Solidworks
AirClean Energy is looking for a sharp, energetic Mechanical Designer or Design Engineer with EXPERT level SolidWorks experience. Able person will be hands-on and have vast experience in Mechanical, Power Systems, Steam Pipe, Heat Transfer and Steam Turbine Genset equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- SolidWorks machine and skid design to include power systems equipment, steam pipe and heat transfer equipment, as well as turbine gensets.
- Generate models and drawings for professional presentation following ISA and ASME standards.
- Assist engineering to develop new product models.
- Work with fabrication managers for production.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 4+ years EXPERT level SolidWorks work experience in mechanical detail/design of power systems and heat transfer equipment (not including school).
- Must know how to present drawings in a professional manner for proposals, specifications, approvals, and fabrication.
- Must be well-versed in industry standard nomenclature and presentation.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe experience.
- Willing to work in both office and shop/fabrication environments.
- Must have own vehicle.
- Understand a variety of metal fabrication and forming processes and the associated design constraints.
- Able to lift and manipulate 75 lbs.
- Able to work independently, staying on task, and on schedule, while prioritizing under changing conditions.
- Persevering attitude.
- Able to communicate confidently and liaise competently with clients and others.
- Able to increase skills and improve output.
- Customer service oriented, regardless of challenges.
- Must sign and abide by AirClean Energy’s Confidentiality and Non-Compete Agreements.
- Perform additional duties and assume other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Engineering Manager or General Manager.
- AutoCAD experience would be helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Passionate, mechanical prowess.
- Controls/Electrical knowledge.
- Experience in Combined Heat and Power, Steam and/or Energy industry.
- Proficient multi-tasker who can think on their feet.
- Ability for possible travel.
$50,000.00 to $90,000.00 / year
- Floating work start.
- Paid Time Off.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k).
- Supplemental Insurance available.